Sunday, June 17, 2012

Berlin

The past few days I have been in Berlin for a final seminar for my program.  I am incredibly upset that I will be in the US a month from now, but I try not to be too depressing on this blog.  Berlin is an incredibly fun city.  I didn't get as much free time there as I would've liked, but the trip was fun and paid for by my program, so who cares?

I got to watch a German soccer game in front of the Brandenburger Tor


take a boat tour of the city



take a tour of the Reichtagsgebäude with my Pate's colleague as well as visiting with my program.




see LOFT at the Chamäleon Theater, which answers the pressing question on everyone's mind: What happens in a WG that is shared by 7 acrobats?  I'll be honest, whenever an organization, school, or what have you tells you they have planned a "fun" evening with your group, I dread it.  Usually I anticipate going to some play or concert that might be fun if you're 50, but not necessarily that exciting for 74 20-somethings.  However, my program has proved me wrong twice now.  After seeing Tommy in Frankfurt and now LOFT in Berlin, whenever my program tells me they have something "fun" for us to do, I will whole-heartedly believe them.  

No comments:

Post a Comment