I got my first packet today. For the most part it was passport/loan deferment/logistic stuff that I don't feel like reporting on. I did learn that there are three locations for language school. I will be sent to either the CASA Internationale Sprachschule in Bremen (also home to the world's cutest fairy tale), or the Carl Duisberg Centren in Köln or Radolfzell. According to the letter, I won't find out until June which of these schools I will be attending.
Also, sometime in June/July they will tell me which Bundesland I will be living in, but my actual city & address won't be decided until September. We have the option of finding an internship before leaving, but the May 2 deadline is fast approaching. This is the 28th year of the program, so in the (probably likely) event that I have no internship by May 2, I'm sure I can trust the organization to put me somewhere where I will find an opportunity. Obviously having direct patient contact would be awesome, but that would present with a lot of legal issues, so realistically I'm hoping for something in public health advocacy or medical research. Once I am assigned to the city, I will have to do the internship hunting myself. Not every one in the program takes German, so I feel lucky to avoid a lot of language barrier issues.
No comments:
Post a Comment