I did get a free Baden-Württemberg ticket from Deutsche Bahn, since I had spent so much money on their trains this year. With this ticket you can go anywhere in my Bundesland on regional trains for free. We decided to go to Stuttgart.
Neither of us found Stuttgart to be the most thrilling place. Maybe we just had overly high expectations after Spain, but it just wasn't that exciting. We ended up trying to go to some vineyard museum that was supposed to have re-opened in May 2012. Turns out it wasn't open yet so we opted to wander around the nearby vineyards instead. It was supposed to be a walking route, but we didn't really find any signs telling us where to go, so we didn't very far.
My friend really likes wine and I lived just south of Germany's main wine-growing region, so we spent a decent amount of time taking wine-related adventures. One day we traveled to a small winery in Heidelberg and another day we headed out to Maikammer for their wine festival. It was a fairly small festival, but it was still nice. On my last Saturday in Heidelberg there were castle fireworks. I was a little disappointed, since they weren't nearly as cool as the Rhein in Flammen fireworks I had seen in September, but it was still cool. My last day in Heidelberg I went to my German BFFs' apartment to play Settlers of Catan. I couldn't really think of a better Abschied to have.
No comments:
Post a Comment